pni.org contains so much we thought we would highlight a few particularly special
areas or pages that have become popular (always bearing in mind the limitations,
we've outlined above):
The latest classification and management
of closed head injuries.
- Key research on deja vu (déjà vu) summarized.
- Secure usable email - Zmail: Possibly the most important single advance since the advent of the secured server, equal to Internet Telephony. Imagine emails that are safe, trusted, without spam and have secured confirmation of receipt. It's an instantaneous way of sending and confirming receipt of mail with attachments. Truly amazing! And you can apply this even to other models as well, like voting.
- Exceptional intelligence, genius and prodigies: Dr Vernon Neppe outlines his new and ostensibly pioneering research on the current difficulties of measuring exceptional intelligence, on proposed new factors of intelligence including a c-factor (creativity factor), of a model of the requirements for genius, and on his study of child prodigies and a new way to measure exceptional intelligence in that group.
- Vortex N-dimensionalism (previously Vortex Pluralism) paradigm: Professor Vernon Neppe's paradigm related to mind-body philosophy: Essentially existence is regarded as a single paradigmatic N-dimensional model linked with a fundamental vortical (rotational movement) shapes. This paradigm can be applied to all known areas of scientific and philosophical endeavor. A challenging philosophical paradigm (more than a theory) that has enormous potential implications, if true: Dr Neppe has spent two decades developing the idea and the links is a very early basic model.
- Generic Substitution of Branded Drugs - The intricate balance: These detailed articles may be one of the most comprehensive series written for the intelligent layperson on generic substitution.
- Double blind medical research problems - The remarkably neglected aspects of the problems encountered when performing so-called "double-blind" research!
- Paroxysmal disorders - Dr Vernon Neppe's pioneering work on a series of symptoms and conditions relating to episodic abnormal behaviors manifesting from higher brain functioning in an eight part series. Read He describes for the first time in print about the new disorder of Paroxysmal Neurobehavioral Disorder, a non-prejudicial way of what was before described as hysterical seizures (Paroxysmal Somatoform Disorder) and about sensitivity to flashing lights —Paroxysmal Photosensitive Disorder plus two clinical evaluation instruments (INSET, SOBIN) and Home Ambulatory EEG).
- Phenomenological analysis - Professor Neppe pioneered the whole new area of detailed phenomenological analyses of subjective experiences. Truly fascinating!
- Sciction and Literature - Amongst many terms developed by Vernon Neppe are sciction and conversagraph. Read why sciction is a legitimate new genre!
- The interfacing areas of what people refer to as psychic experience, the brain and articles about what constitutes abnormal and normal
in this context.
- The development of new PNI measuring
- The most important single advance on the internet, secure email, as reflected by the runaway leader in the area, Zmail
- For fun, a favorite game is our "dice
game" where people can test their
guessing skills. There are always limitations
to such games but we are try to collect
data there and hence there is even a detailed
research consent form if participating seriously.
- Many people are interested in our pharmacology
section. None seems more popular than
the area covering caffeine.
- Not quite sure what the falls under various anmalous experiences? read our
- Can buspirone, traditionally one of the safest of all medications, be used in aggression or in children with attention deficit? See Dr Neppe's work in this regard.
And, of course, we recommend you visiting brainvoyage.com